Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem with printing drawings profes ver

simhamkalyan

Hi all,
Here is the story, I am working on a project using student version of solidworks and after finishing models and the drawing, i saved them. later I opened it with professional version of solidworks 2009 and backed up the files in another folder. When I print the drawing, the drawings they print with a stamp saying that its for educational student version only. I am confused and can not figure out how to rectify this
smiley19.gif
. any suggestions! Do i have to redo everything using professional version
smiley11.gif
. or is there any other option. please reply!

thank you,
kalyan

Try to SAVE or SAVE AS (and use the same name or other)the drawings before printing. It is only a suggestion.

Good luck !

Save as pdf then print drawing.
As for the VAR approach you can make a request for solidworks to remove the protective watermark from the student files but it is a one time only event you will not be able to do it again in the future.

I know it works cause I filed an SR for a customer as a VAR and it was an easy fix.

Michael

student versions are NOT FOR PROFESSIONAL USE... oil and water don't mix.

you might try to save the drawing as a "detached" drawing.

there is no easy way of migrating from student to pro. You can save off the model as a parasolid, xb file, then open it in pro and then create the drawings. you lose features though.

for me, I installed a FREE version of www.logmein.com on both machines and then I use the pro from my other machine and don't use the student version.

good luck ...
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back