Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

problem using other then default post

msmcdermitt

I have been playing around with the 3 axis version of Pro Mfg that we have, while the bean counters haggle about the full axis version. I have run into a snag. I have laid down some toolpaths. They play properly on the tool path player. When I try to post them, they are being posted on the default post and I am not able to change which post it uses. I have entered the post I want to use in the machine setup. I have also created a post for a specific machine. The code that is being output looks ok, but it isn

Msmcdermitt,

Try: Edit, output, the sequence or operation you would like to post, then file, make sure CL file is checked and also check MCD file and Compute CL. click done, next click ok to save the cl data, now you should get a drop down for PP Options. check Verbose, Trace, and uncheck MACHIN. Now click done. This should give you a list of all your post processors in you gpost dir. click on the one you want and it should post correctly.

Yodes

Is the only difference you are looking for in the file extension? If so try adding a note to the post you are trying to use to verify that it is not being used, the file extension alone may not tell you this. By the way you are by no means going to hit the ground running when you go to the five axis version, the post for one of those is almost always a custom job.

Based on the NC Create > Output > Create NC Code you are using the free versionof Expert Machinist rather than ProNC. That version only allows for the default post. You can get around this problem by purchasing a 3rd party post processor. Do you know which license you are using?

I was speaking of the software in general. Not just creating posts. My main issue that I can't get past is getting it to use the post I created. I have not been able to get it to post with anything other then the default. Where it says the default is is not correct. I did a search of all my drives and the post it says it is using does not exist. I am telling it what post I want it to use in my machine setup. When I do go to create the code the only option I have is Automatic the select post option is greyed out.

Thanks for the replies

Matt

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back