Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro_e License files and Lotus notes

wolfgang

I know that this is more of a lotus notes problem but I would think someone has had to overcome this problem in the past.

When I reconfigure a license on-line the file is sent out as a .txt file attachment. Lotus Notes appends that file to the body of the message and in doing so reformats the license and makes it invalid as a license file. I know I could fix the license file each time but I would like to avoid having to do that.

Does anyone know of how to 1) stop the appending of the file to the body of the message or 2) stop the reformatting of the text within the body of the message.

Thanks

If you can, you should always use a text editor like windows Notepad or windows Wordpad for your license file. These leave the extension as .txt

Steve C

The problem is not that the .txt gets changed or that I am opening the license file with any other text editor. The problem is that Lotus notes (our email system) opens the file automaticly and appends it to the body of the email and wipes out the original attachment. The only option I have is to cut and paste the file into notepad and save as a .txt, but the file has been trunkated according to Lotus Notes Email editor and then no longer valid.

I am assuming there are other companies that run Lotus Notes and ProE that have experienced this issue and over come it somehow.

Thanks again

You should be able to ask you sys admin person to turn off that feature in the e-mail system, so you can save attachments.

Steve C

wolfgang,

We use Notes. When we get a new license file from PTC we copy and paste the desired text into a new text doc and Save As license.dat file to the server.

Start copying the file at:

#-----------------------------------------------------

#START: License File for HOST ID ????????

>

>

Finish copying at:

#-------------------------------------------------------

#END: License File for HOST ID 00-08-74-04-73-90

#-------------------------------------------------------

When we run setup we key in the path to the license.dat file.

Hope this helps if I understood your issue.

I think you just need to trash lotus. that would stop the license from being reformated. Just sugesst to your IS department that it would the save the company thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours if the entire company could just switch to hotmail. hee hee hee...

sorry i can't help you out, i've got the same problem.

I also use notes on my win2K box and it is always doing wacky things with attachments. (It even once appended a whole proe file into the text body of an email ...)

If I have to send any thing that looks like plain text, zip it up first (or UNIX tar / gzip is also good) and attach the archive.

Skuld ^_^

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back