Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro / Toolkit X JLink

ilson

hi<BR closure_uid_tw5dsk="1070">What is the difference between Pro / Toolkit and JLink?<BR closure_uid_tw5dsk="1071">When can each be used?<BR closure_uid_tw5dsk="1072">Handcuffs have examples of applications?<BR closure_uid_tw5dsk="1427"><BR closure_uid_tw5dsk="1073">grateful

Pro/TOOLKIT license is expensive, but you've much more capabilities than in JLink.
Pro/TOOLKIT is programming in C/C++, JLink is programming in Java.

Regards, DonChunior

thank you<BR closure_uid_cc3pfz="1345" Rc="null">have any examples of application? (the company has: Toolkit and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010)<BR closure_uid_cc3pfz="1346" Rc="null">how can I optimize manufacturing processes with toolkit?<BR closure_uid_cc3pfz="1347" Rc="null">grateful

ilson said:
...<BR Rc="null" closure_uid_cc3pfz="1346">how can I optimize manufacturing processes with toolkit?<BR Rc="null" closure_uid_cc3pfz="1347">...

That depends on the processes in your company!

I would like examples in manufaruta, so you can identify optimizations.<BR Rc="null" closure_uid_opt2qq="957">Using autoDrilling for example.

The main difference betwee Pro/TOOLKIT and the other Pro/ENGINEER APIs is the ability to create features. Only Pro/TOOLKIT can do this. Therefore if you want to create custom Pro/NC sequences you should take a look at what Pro/TOOLKIT has to offer in this area. I have created a few programs that create auxiliary and custom NC sequences for our router machines on the shop floor so Pro/TOOLKIT was sufficient for my purposes. If I am not mistaken it also has functionality for drilling sequences. Hope it helps...

good night<BR closure_uid_28g60z="526">I'm trying to develop the application of the example (Getting Started with ProEngineer Wildfire is ProTOOLKIT 5.0.pdf)<BR closure_uid_28g60z="527">but I can not pass the second step ()<BR closure_uid_28g60z="528">where I set the variable "PROE_INSTALL_PATH"<BR closure_uid_28g60z="529"><BR closure_uid_28g60z="530">grateful<BR closure_uid_28g60z="531"><BR closure_uid_28g60z="532">View attachment 5461

I want to do the following:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
At the time of creation of the operation, inform the Stock material

View attachment 5462
And the sequence of drilling<O:p></O:p>
I have a data base for materials with VC (Example: AISI H13 = 25)<O:p></O:p>
And the application of the Toolkit will calculate the speed, and fill their respective fields,<O:p></O:p>
Later I will do to feed and Axial Depth<O:p></O:p>
<O:p>View attachment 5463</O:p>
Edited by: ilson

To access this kind of information you will need Pro/TOOLKIT because it can access the feature element tree. That is where this data will reside. Look at feature element trees in the API Wizard.

We license the ToolKit My interest in this subject, it is only to identify possible optimizations in the manufacturing environment. We are evaluating other CAM software for possible subtitui

spinta,

There is not an Advanced license for Pro/TOOLKIT access to Pro/NC. I'm not sure why you linked that particular help document page... There are only Advanced licenses for Mechanica and 3D Drawings at this time.

I am sorry but if you look at the documentaiton of Pro/TOOLKIT for Pro WildFire 5.0, some functions regarding manufacturing like ProMfgprocitemElemtreeGet need the Pro/TOOLKIT for Advanced NC license.

That's all

spinta!

You are correct! I didn't know that license was available. The documentation page you linked doesn't document that license. I stand corrected. That license enables the programmatic access to Manufacturing Process Plan features a.k.a MPMLink so I don't think this would apply to ilson's inquiry. Am I mistaken ilson?

I have Creo/Elements Pro 5.0 M070 loaded. Does your version have that option documented?
Edited by: williaps

Good morning.<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7330"><BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7331">I'm using Netbeans to develop an application.<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7332">I created only two classes, Start, Stop. containing the command:<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7333">Import the project, pfc.jar, pfcasync.jar<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7334">System.out.println ("Start Test")<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7335">and<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7336">System.out.println ("Stop Test")<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7337">and compiled, creating the file JlinkTest<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7338">It's just the first project to test, but does not run. Someone pinpoint the problem?<BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7339"><BR closure_uid_nrv46w="7340">grateful

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back