Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro Sheetmetal

amoncur

I am having trouble bending a part. The part is a simple cam arm. When prompted to pick a conversion type (driving surface or shell), I am not able to pick the surface labeled 1. I need to bend the arm up (as shown by the black line) and it seems I can only bend in that way if my driving surface is 1. Any suggestions?

View attachment 98

Thanks,

Aaron

I think you've got a problem trying to convince Pro/E (or anyone else for that matter) that this is a sheetmetal part. I belive that sheetmetal parts need to be constant thickness. So the only surfaces you'd be allowed to pick with this geometry are the one facing or the one hidden behind.

-Bernie-

I feel kind of dumb. Is there any other way I can bend this part, or should I just do a sweep or something?

Thanks,

Aaron

I'd have to agree with Bernie, maybe you should look at extruding to get the initial shape and then remove material.

Steve C

I think that you are using the wrong application here. If you absolutely need to bend the part, you could try a spinal bend.

Otherwise, do something like swcalvert suggested.

-Lazar-

A spinal bend is the correct feature to use if you must bend the existing sold. In 2001 it is the only option but with wildfire you can use the WARP function also.

Why not model it in that shape and add the correct dimensions?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back