Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Piping

Israr

Was just curious how many friends hereusing this forum use Pro/Piping module.

How many use Pro/Piping with ISOGEN and how many without ISOGEN and who they are?

Israr

To satisfy your curiosity (
smiley1.gif
), I'm using Pro/PIPING module, but didn't manage yet to explore all the possibilities (didn't establish piping library and automate piping creation yet).

No, I'm not using ISOGEN.

BTW, what are basic requirements for full functionality of Pro/PIPING (parts library, basic settings, stock library?). As I studied Pro/PIPING module I understood that this module supports automatic replacement of flanges, elbows,... as change in basic parameters of the piping occurs. Is that correct or was I mislead?

skraba,

Everything is ok as you mention but have you thought of drawing generation for the piping work. ISOGEN automatically generates isometric drawings from your piping assemblies and thats a great time saver. And this is backward compatible with Pro/Engineer.

Israr

Hi israr:

i use pro-piping but without isogen and i think for the type of work i do isn't a necessity. I just want to be part of your personal survey.

smiley2.gif

regards

william

Hi,anyone could help me to configure ISOGEN? I would like to be able to use this great tool.

Many thanks.

We have not used Pro/Piping much only for a couple projects over the past 4 years

Now there is a push from upper management to use the Pro/Piping and make ISO sketches for fabrication. I have made sketches by extracting models and doin it that way now I try a differebt approach and constructing the Pipe as a Asssembly and then make a ISO sketch from that this seems to better that extacting the Model. I have been trying to get Management to get a ISO GEN package because it really looks like it will do exactly what I am looking for. I trying to sent the spec driven stuff but don't have a clue as to haow to do that. If anyone has in ifo on how thia is done please email me: [email protected]

Thanks for oyur time

Chuck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back