Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/INTRALINK & Wildfire - Rename Problem

pjw

Hello all! My problems is this: I have a part called aaa.prt in INTRALINK. I then find I want to make a family table, so I rename this part to aaa-base.prt and check it out to a Workspace where I can then open my part and recreate the instance aaa.prt, bbb.prt... and so on. But the problems is, once this part has been checked out into the Workspace, if you look into the relevant Workspace directory in the .proi directory, you'll see that the file name is still aaa.prt even though Intralink sees it as aaa-base.prt. This is causing big problems with saving with errors informing that the instance aaa.prt exists in more than one family table. We have just upgraded to Widlfire. We were aware of this problem before but it was never an issue with Pro/E 2001. Can anyone shed any light on the matter? It would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

Steve, I have renamed through Commonspace, you don't need admin rights to rename something in Intralink. If you have Intralink, try doing what I've mentioned.

Thanks for the input though!

Phil

Phil,

Have you triedSYNC WITH CS in your workspace? I assume that you have, but just thought I would ask the question.

Also, what happens when you do a Pro/Locate for aaa.prt? Is is listed in any of the Commonspace directories?

L

L,

Thanks for the input. The rename is done in Commonspace before a Workspace is even created and checked out to. Pro/LOCATE shows the new model name, aaa-base.prtas expected. When this model name is checked into the Workspace, it still shows as aaa-base.prt, but the actual file stored in the .proi directory is shown as aaa.prt. It's only with Wildfire that we are now having problems, even though this happend a lot before on standalone parts converted to generic parts to take familty tables.

Thanks Phil

Phil,

I found this TPI on PTC's website specifically about the name difference between commonspace/workspace and the .proi when renaming a file:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/tpi/21656.htm

Long and the short of it, this is the intended functionality. Unfortunately, it does not addressyour particular issue family tables and such.

However, I triedwhat you are doingmyself, and I can't seem to duplicate your issue. Could it be a problem with the builds of Wildfire and Intralink? I am using WF 1.0 -M150 and Intralink 3.3 - 2002470

Hope you find a solution.

L

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back