Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/ENGINEER vs. CoCreate

mdristy

What are the main differences between PTC's Pro/E CAD product and PTC's CoCREATE CAD product? What are the pros and cons of the two products with respect to each other? Thanks.

Here's a chance to find out. TriStar sent me an email titled 'Why companies are switching to CoCreate'. They are hosting a webinar the 16th and 17th. Looks like to have to register for it. I can't really post a link to it, just google on tristar cocreate webinar and something should come up.

Disclaimer - I am not associated withTristar in any way, just passing along an opportunity to see a product demo.

FishNut said:
Here's a chance to find out. TriStar sent me an email titled 'Why companies are switching to CoCreate'. They are hosting a webinar the 16th and 17th.

Hmm a little biased as a source ;) J/K, anyway what I mean is that Pro|E and CoCreate are different from an operational and philosophical point of view, a webinar like the one you mention is probably going to look as CoCreate was the graal of mechanical modeling :) I'm continuously blown away by "direct modeling" videos and webinars (like Spaceclaim), but then I try the demo and I don't like them :O

Maybe googling "direct modeling vs history based modeling" should help?

Paolo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back