Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-education

steveclark

I am looking to learn Pro-e. I live in NJ. I am looking for a school in NJ, DE or PA. I looked on The PTC site and it was $1800 for 5 days. Is there a anywhere else that teaches Pro-e? How did you learn it? Thanks in advance.

How you might best go about it will depend on your background in similar apps and how fast you need to get up to speed.

School? I'd contact a re-seller or PTC for a local listing of junior or community colleges that teach Pro/E to investigate possibilities.

Roger Toogood tutorials are very good one's. They're use in most of the tech. school or JrC. Atleast here in TX. InfactIlearn from them and know after 5 yearsI'm a ft.designer andpt. basic pro-e instructor with them. To tell you more I rather spend6 hundred in a 3hr's semester class than going to 1800's ptc crash course and try to learn in 5 days what'll take you 2 or 3 moths pending how much time you'll spend with it. For tech. school's check on ITT local listing(not adverticing). It's just the one i know that could be nation wide.

i'd bechecking to see if you have a local users group too.

All good sugeestions above... unless you're in a big rush..follow the above..if nothing else you will be better prepared for the $$$ class

wsylvester said:
i'd bechecking to see if you have a local users group too.

In TX. they have users gruops in Austin and Dallas. I think that you can click on this page on events and find the calendar. But the users group here don't get together that often.

Hey

I went all out and spent the money to take a class in Chicago through
Design Engine Education. It was a fanastic experiance. I learned so
much so fast. They have an impressive list of clients with good
testimonials, and that's why I chose them. The class is made so you can
learn at your own pace with as much or as little help as possible. If
you are looking for placement, they can help you out with that as well.
I'm a student at Michigan Technological University, and I've gotten
calls for jobs. I highly recomend this course.

Aaron Richard

Opps

I forgot to give some sort of contact. Go to proetools.com. This is the
website for booking classes with Design Engine Education in Chicago.
Excellent class. Worth so much more than the cost of the class.

Aaron Richard

This may not be the most popular way to learn it, but my company hired me when I had zero ProE experience and they trained me.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back