Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E Wildfire to Pro/E 2001

kujur11a

hi all<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I have done my model in Pro/Wildfire and my custmer is having Pro/2001. He is unable to open the files. Please suggest me some translation method so that he can open the files in Pro/E 2001. The main problem is he wants the file along with history in Pro/E 2001.

Thanks for repling

kujur

Open your part.

Click on the "Save a Copy" button andthen "Type"select Neutral (*.neu) then "Ok"

Pro is not backward compatable
smiley18.gif
. The neutral file will be similar to and IGES in the sense that you will lose all the features in the Model Tree.

Hope this helps

There is no way to convert the file back to 2001 and maintain the history. wildfire is not backwards compatible.

Hi,

Ask him to use WF !

It all depends whether he is going to modify the features.

No other way out, it is either Neutral file or STEP or IGES.

Has any one here got any other idea?

Thanks

is marketing strategy from PTC to do incompatibility between older version and the latest release

if is for machinning you can try some format like igs.step etc

also SOLID WORKS DEALERS telling us .that software is only one able to import models without losing model tree

in the past for some previous version is worked

anyway you can try

Good luck

Cristelino

There is no way to bring a Wildfire part WITH feature history and editable parameterics into an older version of Pro/E.

The .neu, .stp, .igs, etc, file formats do NOT have the parametric history needed to edit the part in an older version.

I have only tried to open a few Pro/E parts in solidworks but NONE of them came in complete. Don't believe everything a salesman tells you Cristelino!

Hi to all

Thanks for dropping reply. But still I am hanging in air. Really PTC people should try to do something in this regard. I trully agree with Dr_gallup, sales man will be say somany things to sell the softwares. I also tried the same with solid works and some other softwares but didnt get succes. I heard from someone that IDEAS software can do something like that. But we dont have IDEAS with us to do the trails. If someone has then please tell me wether is it possible in IDEAS.

thanks for dropping mails

kujur

Solid Ege has a "feature recognizer". This will (try to) recognize protrusions, cutouts, holes, ... but still is no model tree translator. Intellligence built into the model is lost, at best you get a rough model with modifiable features added instead of one bulk of complex geometry. The latest version also allows "direct editing" which allows for instance to move the extent of a protrusion or move a hole on a model that is itself non-parametric.

Both features don't make a parametric model translator, it only helps getting more out of the translation.

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back