Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro-e to solid

beele

hello,

I have imported a pro-e part file into solid but i don't know how to change it to parametric file so I can change dimensions and edit the part. I realized I need to use FeatureWorks (SW 2008 office premium) but I don't know how.

If anyone knows please help me.

I'm using SW 2007, not 2008, however, I *think* you can open (versus import) Pro/E part files into SolidWorks and retain much of the feature tree. Hit CTRL+O to open a file, then go to the "Files of type:" line and choose ProE Part (or ProE Assembly) and find the Pro/E file you want to open.

As for FeatureWorks, there's a decent tutorial to get you started (well, it's there in SW 2007, and I don't think they'd get rid of it in 2008). Go to the Help menu and choose "SolidWorks Tutorials". In the window that pops up then, look for the "FeatureWorks" button near the bottom of the left column.

Good Luck!

You will not be able to, import the model tree from a Pro-E model into Solidworks; or, for that matter, any other translation. Nor, will you be able to import a solidworks model into pro-e and retain the model tree. If the file is a simple one, then featureworks will build a feature tree.

You don't need the feature tree to make changes to any imported model data.

With the rapid expansion of parametric 3-d modeling in the last five years large numbers of newbies have enter the profession of designers who never really learned how to do 3-d modeling. When they see a translated dump solid or surface,they freeze and don't know what to do.

You don't need the feature tree to make changes to any imported model data.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back