Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E shuts down ....

Cooolll ... Brian! Where do you get ALL that info. from?? I don't think I need the PTC help with you as a member of the ProECentral!! Thanks a lot for all that help!

-Rishi

Cooolll ... Brian! Where do you get ALL that info. from?? I don't think I need the PTC help with you as a member of the ProECentral!! Thanks a lot for all that help!

I am not Brian but I think I know the answer: PTC KB and experience.

YUP! I do agree with you.... Pro/E does require a hell lot of experience .... there's a never ending learning process involved with this software ....

-Rishi

I have two computers here, neither more than Dell 350 or 360 workstations with a upgraded video card. At first install, Pro/E crashed a LOT... now, if it crashes twice a week it's a lot. Either that is Pro/E's way of making me think 2 isn't bad, or somethings have changed.

We have two types of crashes, one is Pro/E hangs... won't do anything, it looks at me just as dumb as I look at it. The other is as if you closed Pro/E, without the option to save. It just goes away.

We have found out Pro/E Wildfire HATES multiple commands, or commands it is not expecting. I have found 100% repeatable situations where it expects you to hit the left or middle mouse button, but if you hit the right, it terminates the application. It also does not like to queue commands. If it is thinking, don't bother it. Once you find these quirks, you can avoid them.

We have also noticed that the longer we go, the better it performs. With no hardware changes or configuration changes of any kind. It's almost as if Wildfire and Windows XP Pro learn to get along.

We go through this ordeal every time we get a new designer/design station... it does get better.

Good Luck!

Thanks Buddy!! Your tips do add to my knowledge but the problem still persists... I have proE working on one computer which I hardly use but the one on which I wish to install .... SIGH!!! Still no success!!

-Rishi

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back