Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

pro/E motion or path analysis

bluetheice

I am having troble with the motion analysis and simulation, as well asanimation in pro/E. Here's a brief description, I have 2 objects, object A is the object that I want to clean, object B is thetoolmounted on the tip ofa robotic arm. The surface or the profile of A is a complex curve. Is there any way that I can move B accross the surface of A in Pro/E for motion analysis and in animation as well?

thanks for the reply

Ihave tried using "tangent", but there are3 problems.

1. object B constantly runs into A, which it's not suppose to.

2. object B gets "stuck" all the time, I couldn't move it to the position I want.

3. object B may need to retain its orientation while moving through the surface of A, such as in a scanning application involving sensors.

Any other tips will be helpful, Thanks again

If you have MDX/MDO you can create a slot joint and have point B follow the complex curve (as long as it does not intersect itself). If you have an equation for the path, you should be able to program it into a servo motor as well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back