Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PRO-E MODELING

MANJUNATH

Hi!

I need to do a model of a nylon cable-tie... as you know they are flexible... so I'd like to model it in a un-tied position than use some function to shape it.... do you know which function I should use??....

Have anyone come across this?Pl's give ideas

I'll tell you what we do with hose models, its a similar situation. We can have a hose with 1 part number, but there is no end to the ways it can be twisted and used in different assemblies. Therefore, we create a new model for every time its used. We must change the name of the different modelsto identify what assembly it is used in.A hose is named like this: AssemblyUsedIn-HosePartNumber.prt (or asm). This way we know where its used and what the original part number is.

In addition to Tham's reply.

We create a bulk item for the flexible part and assemble it to the assembly to satisfy the BOM.

Charles

Have you looked at Flexible components? These were introduced
with Wildfire, and allow you to pick dimensions that can be changed
when a part is assembled. We use them for springs & o-rings.

I'm on 2001 & I don't know how Flexible component works.

But, we do use components like spring as a regular model and drive the dimension in assembly.

But, in case like a hose, where shapes are different, I don't know if Flexible component will work.

tham said:
I'll tell you what we do with hose models, its a similar situation. We can have a hose with 1 part number, but there is no end to the ways it can be twisted and used in different assemblies. Therefore, we create a new model for every time its used. We must change the name of the different modelsto identify what assembly it is used in.A hose is named like this: AssemblyUsedIn-HosePartNumber.prt (or asm). This way we know where its used and what the original part number is.

Padmanabh said:
Dear u can make a family table of one instance and then u can use these instanceses in asm. to join them.

Dear u can make a family table of one instance and then u can use these instanceses in asm. to join them.

padmanabh
Edited by: Brian_Adkins

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back