Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E maintenance?

>>I don't think that they should be able to advertise in a thread

I checked that thread and did not see any advertisements. I did see a few helpful people who copied & pasted information from emails and websites into the discussion asa direct response to the question asked.

Please let me know if anyone disagrees.

-Brian

The place I used to work for got maintenance for 5 years, it was supposed to come to something like $60,000 but they only paid around $34,000 for 13 seats.

Our Pro Engineer and Mechanica maintenance is up for renewal and I was wondering what the cost for maintenance of one seat of Mechanica should run. We only have structure and motion and rarely use the package. What is the cost of the package if you buy it new as I think PTC is making a killing on what they quoted for maintenance. Our maintenance quoted is higher than last year.

Please let me know what you think the cost of the maintenance should run as it seems that PTC does not have a standard cost.

The average cost is 11-12% of the list price cost of the package per year minus any discounts you have with PTC.

The best time to negotiate with PTC is in September, the end of their fiscal year. I have seen 40+% discounts given in September on top of existying corporate discounts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back