Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PRO/E AND 3D STUDIO MAX

izabela

wHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO IMPORT ASSEMBLY MODEL FROM PRO/E INTO 3DS MAX STUDIO?

WHAT FILE FORMAT SHOULD I USE?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

hello

when I used proe 2000i with 3d max 4, I use the *.obj, and the *.stl format and both worked right.

But if you want to apply different materials in different parts in an Assembly, you have to export one part per time (or the number of parts that have the same materials) and import it (or them ) into 3ds, you can see that (if you repeat this for the whole assembly), that the parts are assembled right (with the right dimensions) from proe to 3ds.

it is an efficient way I think to make the two softwares work together.

but ,as PTC says, pro/e has better kerner and exports better images and animation from 3ds

hi

instead of exporting each part seperately you should export the assembly file. This will save you the effort of reassembling the parts in max, and would also keep your model accurately assembled. The assembly will become a single object in MAX, as an editable mesh object. This can be then seperated using the element sub-object and detach. This way the you can get all seperate parts at one go, and at the same time assmbly would remain intact.

Hope this helps

i use pro/e and max all the time.

i export using STL and in assembly mode, i export each part individually using the top assembly's coordinate system.

that way, when imported in MAX, the parts snap in place perfectly.

i prefer this method, this keeps me from having to deal with any mesh editing in MAX (which i find can be problematic).

i also use a 3D converter to speed up the STL to 3DS switch. polytrans or interchange work well and also perform batch conversions.

fred

hi,

i am a pro/user. i want to know how 3d-max and pro/e can be integrated. can we build flythroughs (interior designing)using pro/e and max.

Hi Engs

I need to know how to use this 3d studiomax with proe

Hope u will spens some time for me

thank u

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back