Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro doesnt give relief for flange

harichennai

hi,

In WF4, I have made a flange and selected the profile as "user defined", I drew a straight line and no bend angle.

I apply relief like Obround or rectangular, ProE does not make the relief! (I want a relief there!)

The same thing in 2001 was possible!

Any idea?

I am on WF4, and reliefs are still possible. I did not
understand the term NO bend angle. Is it flat to the
attachment edge. If you are creating a flat wall, then
use the flat wall feature and then Join and bend.
I hope I have understood your query.

I guess, hari is trying to create a relief inside the sketcher environment where he drew a straight line to create a flange.

I hope i understood your query correctly. Don't give any relief inside the sketcher environment when you are trying to create a user defined flange. Just sketch the line and come out of the sketcher window and use the relief option in the dashboard. Incase your flange fails, reduce the flange length by adjusting on both sides upto/beyond the value of inner radius and try to give relief. Then see the flange will appears on the environment.

oK. i got it. Reliefs are only for bends. For 0 deg,
there is no bend hence no relief. This being as it is ,
I still did not understand the logic of creating a
flange without bend and wanting relief.
You DO get a relief when you offset it.
I hope this helps.

Edited by: SRINIVASANIYER1

Hi Asho,

NO iam not sketching the relief , but iam going outside sketcher and giving the relief

Hi Srini,

Yes, even i know that , it is for only bends,but I want to create a relief for the straight flange(no bend)

in 2001, it was very much possible! I tried, it worked.

you can try in 2001 and tell me..

Thanks

Hari

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back