Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Printing a plot

puppet

pro-batch only prints to postscript printers or plotters

but can genertate files to do both.

is there a 3rd party program or a way to print these files? on a laser printer? brother5040

regarts

-Puppet

Found a program called printfile on the web which can print the plt files pro-batch generates.

but how do i stop it from print the datams ?

The datums are being displayed when Pro/BATCH is running. Turn them off in your config.pro options before running Pro/BATCH and they won't print.

Turn them off in your config.pro options before running Pro/BATCH and they won't print.

how do i do this?

Open Pro/ENGINEER and go to tools > options. Look for the following config.pro options and set them to no.

display_planes

display_axes

display_points

display_coord_sys

Save the file as config.pro. Copy this file into the text directory of your Pro/ENGINEER load point (i.e. C:\ptc\proeWildfire\text\config.pro).

This should do it. If you already have a config.pro file in the text directory, try adding these options to that file.

umm

that didnt work :(

also how can i force it to print in hidden lines? rather than all solid lines

We always set the view display mode of every view in the drawing so that the hardcopy is not dependant on the display mode setting at the time of plotting.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back