Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PostProcessor

Maya

Helo
Please let me know a little bit about my problem Problem is here under

I am using Pro-Engineer 2001 on win 2000.
From Pull Down Menu
Appication-Nc Post Processor Unable to Open the this Nc Post Processor

MenuManager-CL Data -Operation-Select op01-File -MCD File -Done ok --Verbose ,Trace --Done

and after this I got following error messgae
Can't access list of available post processors, exiting.

How to solve this problem

Best Regards

We had the same problem when using 2001 on windows 2000. Didn't get any help then from PTC support, so we kept one station of windows NT4.0 just to modify the posts. When we upgraded to Wildfire, the problem went away.

This is a java problem. You need to go to the java site and download java 1.2.***. Once you have the file downloaded the you need to run it. When it asks you where you put it . Brouse to ptc/your build/i_486/ncjlibs/jre. Install it there.If there is a version of jave in there delete it first. I have had to do the a few times and this always works. I am running 2000 as well. XP sucks for proman at least for me it did. Good luck.

Do a search on the web for sun java. They have a download section there. Download and put it where I told you in my post.

Brouse to ptc/your build/i_486/ncjlibs/jre ??

PLease explain this

I hav installed java 1.2

Please explain your installtion procedure for win 2000 for ProE2001

every thing is ok and working fine except this problem

If you are in the US I could walk you thru the setup via phone. Send me a PM. Is your config pro set to gpost?

C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.2 for Java Soft

and for PRO-E 2001 C:\Program Files\proe2001

I dont know how to set config pro to gpost

early responce is requested

That isa problem. You can not have a space in the path. Your ProE installation directory cannot be C:\Program Files\. I know the install defaults there but it will not work with any space in the path. I use C:\PTC\proe2001. Assuming that ProE is install in C:\PTC\proe2001 then your java install should be C:\PTC\proe2001\i486_nt\gpost\ncjlibs\JRE\1.2\

Maya,

Where are you located? I can work you thru all the config pro settings as well a tha JRE problem.

Helo

me not from USA

Please let me help via e-mail if possible for you

please give me your e-mail for discussion

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back