Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Post processer for UGS NX5

commodore

<DIV dir=ltr align=left>

Hi,

I'm trying to post a program for are machines. I tried a few default ones from NX5 and on GTAC. But they are not posting what I need. Is there a way to modify the output on the post processor to get what I need. If you have any question please feel free to contact me. Thanks</DIV>

Hello Commodore. You probably need a custom post-processor. do you have a list of machines/controllers?

Luis M. Aguilar

BRT-Solutions

commodore

One thing you can always do if you need to make just a few changes is to use a good text editor or one of the dedicated editors for cam files. This would be to just get you by until you can get the correct post for your machines. One last thing, if you are relatively new to cnc machining, I would not recommend this. I would recommend you be fairly experienced to try this.

Also, NX has a module for developing custom post processors called Post Builder. They offer courses on it as well but I would probably go to the www.myigetit.com site and see if they can help. Depending on how many axis you are machining impacts the price and again, if you are relatively new at this I would suggest you just pay someone to develop your post.

Larry

Thank you everyone that responded back. I did figure out where the post builter is and i did figure out how to make my own and modify it to get what i need. I'm still learning it. Very cool program and there is a ton of stuff you can do. We only have 3 axis machines here. Once and awhile we do use the 4 fourth, but welong handthat.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back