Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Please explain "one loop per subsection only"

nkpham

I am creating a complicated swept blend sketch and it gives me the above error and does not regenerate. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi,

To avoid getting this error message, while you are in sketcher you must tell Pro/E that you are finished with the first section before drawing the next one.

Example:

After drawing your first profile, from the pull-down menu select: SKETCH=> FEATURE TOOLS=> TOGGLE SECTION

Now you can draw the next section that defines your blend.

You repeat this for each new section you draw.

Hope this helps

JW

actually.... i'm in the first sketch when this error occurs. my cross-section is quite complicated. there are several hollows in the section. does that mean that it will not let me do a swept blend with a sketch that is not solid?

Draw datum curves for each section and also for the trajectory. This way it is easy to construct the features as well as to redefine.

For the said problem, make sure that the section is closed properly and there are no intersections. Cross-check using trim/delete option. There should'nt be any overlapping entities.

what do you mean by drawing datum curves for each section? i have made all the trajectories for the sweeps. none of my entities overlap with each other.

It is possible you have more than one of the same entity chosen. Example: Choose the same edge twice. In a complicated sketcher section this can cause problems because you must now diagnose each sketcher entity to see if one is on top of another. It also could be non-intersecting entities, in which case, trim corner might help. I agree for complicated sections use multiple datum curves to replace complicated sketcher sections and complete the feature using one or more curves you have sketched.

my cross-section creates one large loop.... there are smaller loops used to cut out hollows in the main cross-section. i don't think the swept blend feature allows me to do this.

If you create datum curves for all the sections and the trajectory could you not just create the large loop first and then create the cuts using subsequent features?

why cant u make the cross section as a datum surve with all the inner and outer cross section and when u sweep this use use edge (loop ) option then yoru problem will be solved.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back