Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plastic housing of impact drill

Jacoolo

Hello guys

can you forward me with typical rules one should follow while creating plastic housing for product like impact drill. I know it is wide topic, but I am sure that step by step some issues can be reised and discussed.

Are you talking about an external case you are going to make to carry your impact drill around? Or am I taking it differently here?

Based from experience, most hammer drills already come with a carry case so there should be no problem with that. Though if you would still be planning on making one, the material should be sturdy to avoid drops and accidental punching of holes in it. Probably reinforced carbon fiber material, though that would tend to be a costly.

hello hbrown

My question was related to plastic body/housing of impact drill not a carry case/tool box.

So, I am at the moment to collect and investigate all requirements one should follow when new design of impact drill is considered.

Anyway, the issue related to carrys case is also valid to me because I am heading in parralel new design of existing plastic toolboxes/carry cases, so input related to this topic is welcome.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back