Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plastic adviser

faisalmk

Hi
I am working on plastic adviser Pro/E WF4.0 and I want to know how the plastic adviser can give me results about "warpage", "residual stresses" and "shrinkage".
Thanks

Hi Faisal, It is not possible to get results like Warpage and shrinkage by adviser.You need to have MOLDFLOW PLASTIC INSIGHT with the licenses.

Hi Fasil

There is 3 levels ofmoldflow advisor series and 3 levels of moldflow insight series.

The insight isgeared for manufacturing companies($40-100K). The Advanced advisor ($30K) has warpage and fiber orientation.

Pro plastic advisor is the low end that ptc gets from moldflow corp and sends it out with wildfire.
Edited by: kshowdown

Thanks Mr.kshowdown for answering, but please are you sure that installing moldflow insight will integrate with the Plastic Adviser of the WF4.0. And if so may you please send me the link from which I can download this level of Plastic insight.
Thanks

Fasil

There is no integregation of moldflow into proe. this is a seperate cad company.

Moldlow can open a pro/e part directly and then do your analysis.
Edited by: kshowdown

kshowdown said:
Fasil

There is no integregation of moldflow into proe. this is a seperate cad company.

Another company? Is that true? Could I trust the result of Plastic adviser? I use to think of that it is the simple version of Moldflow.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back