Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Plane Through a Point

nkpham

I am trying to create a cut in a part that is curved. the cut is supposed to be along the trajectory of the piece. it is very small and needs to extend on both sides of a defined point. in the extrude feature, you can extrude on both sides. what is the best way to do this with a sweep?

i have been trying to create a plane through that point, but i don't know if that is even the answer. any suggestions?

Sounds like you want to use a Variable Section Sweep.

Before creating the cut, though, you'll need a datum curve for the trajectory of the cut.

To orient the cross section, you can specify normal to some additional trajectory, normal to original trajectory, or perpendicular to a pivot plane. If you choose normal to original, you will need an additional datum curve to use as the horizontal orientation vector for sketching your cross section.

Since you have a datum point, you can locate your sketch plane at the datum point, so the cut will be performed in both directions.

Dave Martin

Torgon Industries

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back