Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Place Component by Interface

feisthammela

When placing a component in an assembly by interface to interface, my Pro/E defaults to have "Check interference of matches" checked in the Options tab.I find myself having to uncheck this box quite frequently to be able to place components. So, I was wondering if there were any config options that wouldautomatically set this and the other three options in the Options tab to what I use most frequently? This way I will not have to be always unchecking and checking the same options that I want all the time.

If you are using WF3 and above try changing the comp_assemble_with_interface option to see if that gives you what you want.

I tried playing with the config option, comp_assemble_with_interface, but when I changed it to anything but the default value, the Options tab didn't even show up.

The only option in the options list you can set with a config option is the temporary interface which is controlled with create_temp_interfaces. The others you can initially set the settings in the Tools>Assembly Settings>Placement Preferences before you start assembling components.

Thanks, kdem. I think that might help. I'm pretty sure I can create a mapkey that changes these options automatically, but does anyone know if you can make Pro/E run a mapkey immediately when it is opened?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back