Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Permanent perspective view

Hopinc

Hi Guys,

I am both new to this forum and new to Solidworks. However, I have used Inventor Pro for the last 2.5 years and before that SDRC's I-Deas for 22 years.

Can you tell me please if there is a method of setting up SolidWorks 2010 so all models are created and viewed in perpective.

With Inventor I can set a switch to turn this feature on within the menus, but as of this moment in time, I have not found a way of doing this in SW 2010, other than by manually swtiching it on everytime I create a part.

I would also like to find out if it is possible to adjust the perspective view? For some reason it's not quite right.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: Hopinc

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum.

Try creating a template part with the perspective switched on, to do this set up the part as required and then do a 'save as' part template. I'm not 100% this will work as I can't check it right now but it's worth a go.

To change the persepctive, go to edit> modify> perspective

Thanks for replying to my post Michael, and your welcome, I do appreciate it.

I will give your template theory a try.

Your instruction for modifying perspective view though is not quite correct, it did however put me on the right track:

"To change the persepctive, go to edit> modify> perspective"

This should actually be "view> modify> perspective"

It seems that observer position 1 is the best, 2 is OK, but the default setting of 3 is all wrong for me. Position 4 is even worse.

I am a happier chap now
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Hopinc

Glad I could be of some help. I use ProE in work and SW at home and am at work at the min so it was from memory which is obviously getting worse as I get older.
smiley5.gif

If you have any more questions then post them and someone will usually try and answer.
smiley4.gif

That's interesting. Sorry, but I can't say I am a big fan of ProE. I find the user interface to be very old fashioned.

In some respects that is the view I also hold currently of SolidWorks - so far that is. When I compare the two user interfaces, Inventor is so much more upto date and "with it" - all the tools required are right at the users fingertips. Not quite the case with SW in my opinion, you have to go looking for them, which I find frustrating to say the least.

On the other hand I think the surfacing facilites of SW are way ahead. I have Inventor 2011 and some of the surface modelling that has long been within SW has only just become available by having the addition of Alias loaded at the same time. That is one expensive option, but it does now give me access to freeform surfacing.

Once again, thanks.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back