Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

perform midplane extruded cut

solnow

Does anyone have a step by step procedure, or where to find a step by step procedureon performing a midplane extruded cut on a part?

That task can be performed in many ways so is hard to teach you "step by step".

The procedure is:

1) Start EXTRUDE-CUT feature. 2) Select the midplane of the part forsketch. 2) Draw a closed sketch (can be a simplerectangle). 3) Exit the sketch 4) Make settings for the feature (like direction to cut and length of the cut - THROUGH ALL in your case). 5) Click OK.

If your part is designed with one of SW default planes as midplaneis very simple to select this plane for your feature. If not, you can:INSERT - > REFERENCE GEOMETRY -> PLANE to define a midplane for your part.

Try to make your half-cut like I say. If you can not, upload your part and someone help you (perform the task for you). Or send your part to me ( [email protected] ) with detalied explications, and I try to help you.

Good luck !

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back