Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pattern of Family Instances

KurtStark

I need to nest all the instances of a family table for a manufacturing process.
Now I want to make an assebly of them

I know the pattern feature beeing powerfull.
Isthere a wayto create a component pattern with the instances beeing the different instances of a family table?
Or do I need to assemble each and every instance seperately?

you can do that without assembling all instances.
Just add one instance in asm..then add it to asm fam table...here u can assign required part instances for asm instances....then pattern part...it will replace all parts in pattern for asm instance..

s_pme20 said:
you can do that without assembling all instances.

Just add one instance in asm..then add it to asm fam table...here u can assign required part instances for asm instances....then pattern part...it will replace all parts in pattern for asm instance..

I'm looking to do similar thing and I'm not 100% understanding what you're trying to say. Can you show an example?

Thanks

s_pem20:
I can not exchange the patternmembers individually with one of the family table instances of the part.
If I select a patternmember in the assembly for adding to the family table, I get the choice to either select the pattern leader or cancel.

sorry KurtStark,
Actually i didnt understand ur question correct way before...i thought u r trying to add all pattern parts in family table and use instances for all of them..
But u want different columns for all pattern parts..then i m not sure if i can be helpful...
It will be good to know if some1 else have any idea about this..
smiley1.gif

You need to use the pattern table option to replace individual components of a patterned family table.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back