Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pattern of component pattern

You need to use a "sub assembly".

Assembly your components for the first pattern in an "sub assembly". Then assembly that "sub assembly" into a "top levelassembly". In the top level assembly you can pattern your "sub assembly".

You don't necessarily have to use a sub assembly. When you make a pattern of a pattern you could use Direction for the type. Also, depending on the version you use the process is different. In WF3 you can selecta pattern and pattern it, in WF2 you need to group the pattern before you can pattern it.

I'm using wildfire 4 and I have to group multiple components for any type of pattern. I should have been more specific. I want to reference pattern a reference pattern. Pattern is not an option when I select an existing pattern of any type.

I figured out a way. If I do a reference pattern of a group, then unpattern them into individual groups, the groups stay linked to the reference and change as it changes. So basically it's still doing what a reference pattern would do. Then I can group those groups and reference pattern that.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back