Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part Simplified Reps in an Assy

donha

I recently used the following example to create a simplified part rep. http://www.profilesmagazine.com/p20/tips_placing-pg1.html It worked until I went to show dimensions. Even with a show all, no dimensions would display. I tried every trick in the book to no avail. So, I created all the dimensions. The part with the simplified reps was controlled by an External Copy Geom feature which was dependant upon the geometry I copied from. I later found the assembly would not update when I updated the external geometry. The only alternative I had was to re-create the drawing and use Views/Represent/Simplify. This allowed me to show dimensions and updated the geometry related to the external copy geom feature. Presently, without a Pro/Process license you cannot place views of a simplified rep on a drawing. Anyone have any experience with something like this. Any ideas on a better way to create the part/drawing?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back