Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Part Datums Showing in Assembly Drawing

LS65

Hello,

I am using WF4, here is my issue. I have a part that is used in 50+ assemblies. I would like to add a datum to the part drawing for use with GD&T. I insert a model datum on a surface and then use this as a datum ref in my GD&Ts. In the layer tree this datum is hidden so it does not show on the part (it still shows on the drawing though). When I open a drawing for one of the parent assemblies, the newly created datum shows up on that drawing. I do not want this to happen! Is there some way to prevent this from happening by changing something within the part? I do not want to have to open all 50 assemblies to hide the datum!

Thanks for your time,
LS65

In your drawing setup file (.dtl file), change the option ignore_model_layer_status to no. This will ensure that the datum which is hidden in your model stays hidden in all your drawings as well.

This will only work for newly created drawings as drawing setup file is applied on creation of drawing and "baked" into it. Unless you update all of your drawings with new DTL file, this won't work.

One option would be to update the drawings with new DTL by means of ModelCHECK.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back