Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Oscillating lever

arlo blair CAS

Hello anyone and everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I have used ProE for over 10 years, using mechanisms and mechanica for the last 3 years.-

I have an issue with a mechanism i am working on: there is a lever part which the user pulls down and then up. The down storkerotates an index geneva (a gear) via 3 cams approximately 120 degrees. This is working perfectly via aservo motor. The problem is that i want to have the lever goint up and down more than once, as it takes three down strokes to achieve a full rotation.

The best i seem to be able to do is set up another servo motor working in the other direction - but thereseems to beno way of intergrating two analyses in one animation (i know i could edit them in a video package).

I have tried using slots, and my axis is limited to the desired angular constraint, i still can't seem to see ameans of oscillating the lever up and down?

This is all in 2001 (not a great deal of difference to WF 1 or 2).

Any help welcome.

Thnaks in advance.

Arlo

Guys,

Thanks for your queries, i have managed to modify the cosine to oscillate satisfactorily.

I would love to show you the an image of what i am doing, as i have this lever connected to a gear chain of 5 components, and it looks really cool when running, but the design work i am doing is for a medical device and the comapny (blue pill firm) would shot me if i made any of the design public - i am sure you understand.

Arlo

Puppet,

What is the ProE work front like in Oz? What is the typical hourly rate ovre there, and are you looking for work or offering?

Arlo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back