Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Open old Pro/E files in Wildfire 2.0

mdristy

I have some Pro/E files that were last saved in 1998 and 1999. We were always up to date with our Pro/E releases, so that was probably Pro/E R19 or R20.

Now I am trying to open them in Wildfire 2.0but I am getting the "error" message that the file isinvalid and cannot be retrieved. e.g. "motor.prt.7 cannot be retrieved"

Any suggestions how I might be able to open them?

The way to do it may be to first open the file in 2000i or 2000i2 then resave, I'm not certain how far back the wildfire license will work, but you can work an earlier version with a current license, and have both versions installed on your machine. We often open files created from 2000/2000i and they work fine.

PTC has some unwritten support policy (or used to have) to support 5 releases back. If older, you might getinto problems, and obviously you have.

Only solution is what brenwy suggests and resave the files using an intermediate release of proe. You might want to look into pro/batch that has a "upgrade" option.

Edit: Sorry, should be brenyw
Edited by: caddie

Does the OS that the files created on have an impact on being able to open them? Those older releases were Unix based machines. Are you trying to open those old files on a Windows machine?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back