Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

OPEN/CLOSE A DOOR ON AN ENCLOSURE

pmaru77

How is flexible used to show a door open part way and door closed in a drawing without creating a big database using instances. I heard that you can use flexible.

I made the door assy a flexible item giving it zero for door closed and then 120 degrees for an option. On my tree the icon is different on the door assy so I assume that the door accepted being flexible. But how do I show it? Especially in a drawing. At assembly level I can just edit the angle, but that screws up the drawing.

So the ???? is ....IS ther a way to show an enclosure with an open door and a closed door in a drawing? Using flexilbe?

The reason for doing this is that there is a cable attached to the box and door, and the calbe will readjust when the door opens.....when using flexible....so I've heard.
Edited by: pmaru77

hii pmaru77,
Best way to represent both views in drawing using single assemblt is: simplified representation.
It is available under view manager..
ofcourse, for cable attached to door, you can use flexibility option you mentioned.

In drawing, under "view states" menu of view you can activate any representation you created in asm.

I hope, this will help.

This is super easy.

First use a mechanism constraint on the door. Then drag and take a snapshots of the door in any position you like and save them.

Then use the saved snapshots in your drawing.

hmmm....now that I think of it...will the cable follow the door?
Edited by: filemar

Flexible part of it I am not too sure for cabling.

However, you can create snapshots of the desired positions of the door. No mechanism constraint required. only the door will be underconstrained for mechanism.

Having created snapshots, there is an option available to "make them available in Drawing".

While in the drawing, View State --> Exploded --> select the desired snapshot.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yeah...kind of makes you want to get reassogned to a SWorks project.

That guy just wizzed thru that flex thing like nuthin'.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back