Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Online Pro/E aptitude test. Anyone?

Simple questions cannot determine whether a person has the ability to model. There are several good ways to model the same part and hundreds of bad ways. Basic tests and questions can determine if the basic knowledge of the software is there but modelling technique comes with experience and training. This can only be tested by hands on modelling, evaluation of the model, and asking question of the potential recruitas to why he/she did what they did.

PTC sent me a survey last year to test my skill level. It was clearly written by their Marketing department (this seems to be the case for everything I receive from PTC). Many of the limited number of questions were related to functionality I rarely use (or carefully avoid because of it's pitfalls), so naturally I was ranked as an 'intermediate' level user who was in need of attending more of their training classes.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back