Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

One way clutch bearing - HELP

Shurik1986

Hi there I hope someone can help me here. I'm modeling a gearbox in ProE mechanism, and want to simulate a one way clutch; so an element such as a spur gear would lock onto a shaft in one direction, while will be free to rotate in the other. Please if there's any solution at all?

You may find an easy way to do this is with a conditional torque that would act on the gear only if the rotational velocity is either negative or positive, depending on which way you wish your gear to freely rotate. This way, you can set a limit to the amount of torque you wish the clutch to handle. Do this by first creating a measure of the joint's rotational velocity. Then, create a torque on this joint which will act only in the specified "domain" related to the rotational velocity. This will allow your gear to rotate freely in one direction and "lock-up" in the other (limited by the torque you choose to apply). I haven't yet tried something like this, so I'm tossing this out off the top of my head, but I'm sure it will work based on other similar models. I hope this helps ...

Cheers,

Kaz Z06

Shurik1986,

Glad I could help - we'll have to put this one in our back pocket for future use
smiley4.gif

Kaz

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back