Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

offset surface

FHeckro

Hi
I am a student at <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Clemson</st1:placeName> <st1:place w:st="on">University</st1:place></st1:place>. I have been given a rather complex part file to work with. My job is to teach myself Catia, then create a separate part that will mate to the one I have been given. I am familiar with SolidWorks. I am thinking I will use an offset surface but I can

You don't need to bring the part into the GSD workbench. All you need to do is switch from Part Design toGSD (Generative Shape Design). That will put you in surfacing mode. Then you can extract or offset and save-as. Same idea, slightly different method.

You should be able to switch back and forth under the "Start" pull down or

If the mating surface is contoured or lofted then you will need to use an extracted surface and pad up to it. If it's planar then you don't even need to leave part design.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back