Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

number of pieces

aloa

Hello!

I want to give for a part's parameter, the part's number of pieces in an assembly. How can I do this?

Thank you!

ButI'd like to show the part numbers in their own drawings (not in assembly)!

CanI use the&rpt.qty as part parameter in assembly?

What if your part is used in more than one assembly? This cannot be automated by pro for such reasons. You could have a parameter in your part that denotes the quatntity in your assembly. Not very robust. It sounds like you may be trying to tell someone in manufacturingthe quantity of a part to manufacture righton the drawing itself.

Yes. I would like to indicate quantity on the part's drawing. What is the parameter,that denotes the quatntity in the assembly.

I have a main assembly always. And I would like tocontrol only herethe quantity of part.

That's a first one for me as well. Think about it, if is not assemble is not repeated and not counted. Plus a part dwg is just that 1 part. Let's just hope that someone else can proof us wrong.

OK... What if you made a drawing of the assembly so your quantity would come in, then you add the model of the part to the drawing and dreate your views?

You don't necessarily have to have views of an assembly for it to be an assembly drawing and pick up the assembly quantity.

I've never tried it, it was just a thought.

If it works... that's why I get the big bucks... if it doesn't work... that's why I don't get more bucks.

BMD: This method works. I tried this already. Butthe part's drawing with assembly is too large, and long time, when I load the drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back