Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New proE student assembly question

zmarocz

Hi,

My advisor needs me to put two assembly models together. One of them is an human body model. The other one is a orthosis model. We create the orthosis model; and the human body model is created from a company.

My advisor told me that to use the concept of plane of putting two model together. However, I could not find any plane in the part and assembly human body model. After I told him about that. Here is his reply

"In the pro/E model for each part, there is a defined coordinate system
with the origin and XYZ directions. You can define the planes according
to the coordinate system and then assemble the orthosis parts, or you
can directly assemble the parts using this coordinate system."

How to do what my advisor said??? PLease help

View attachment 5117View attachment 5118

View attachment 5119

View attachment 5120

In the assembly body you may need to turn on the features filter. Select the Settings tab above the model tree area and there should be a selection at the top of the menu for Tree Filters. Once you have the filters set you should be able to see the information shown in your second pic (coordinate system and import feature) in the model tree of the third pic. To create the datum planes activate the part in the assembly tree or open the part, select the coordinate system, select the datum plane icon from the tool tray, and specify how you want the plane created (I usually select through as the type). You also might be able to select the icon that looks like three planes (default datum planes) and it may add the three default ones but I don't remember right off hand ifworksthat way.
Edited by: kdem

kdem said:
You also might be able to select the icon that looks like three planes (default datum planes) and it may add the three default ones but I don't remember right off hand ifworksthat way.

Move the insert arrow above your import feature and pick the datumplane icon, then it will automatically add 3 planes ("default") . then just move the arrow back down again...

//Tobias

regarding using C-sys in asm. Instead of picking a plane or surf to mate/align when you constrain your parts, just pick the C-sys. If you want to make it easier for yourself, set the "selectionfilter"/"constrainfilter" to C-sys, and you will only be able to choose the c-sys in your parts /.asm. (It

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back