Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

network

especial

I hope this is the forum for this questions.

I have cable/dsl router, hp printer with print server, two computers, one proe seat and one dsl line. One computer is setup the way it needs to be. Second computer (proe seat) need to see printer, outside world and first computer.

The problem is when I go to My Network Place>Properties>Local area Connection>Properties>Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)>Properties and select Obtain an IP address automatically. This is to be able to see outside world and printer. Proe needs to be Use the following IP address numbers or proe wouldnt open. See my problem.

Question do I need two ethernet card?

Question how do I add a second IP address or what is the solution?

TIA

AS

I can probably only give minimal help here. I use a wireless router in a similar configuation as you describe.

My settings for TCP/IP are obtain IP address automatically and pro works fine. I'm using Win XP Professional I have disabled the IPX/SPX protocol and have enabled the NETBios protocol.

I use the router's firewall, not software firewalls. I highly doubt you need another network card. When you say pro needs to be use the following IP address did you learn that by trial and error, or through documentation somewhere?

Iam using Win 2000 and Proe 2001. I couldnt find the IPX/SPX protocol. Is IPX/SPX a Win XP thing?

When you say pro needs to be use the following IP address did you learn that by trial and error, or through documentation somewhere?

By trial and error.

Thanks for your reply.

AS

So you were trying to connect two computers and only one had an ethernet card ??

Hope you don't forget to plug your computers in, brush your teeth and tie your shoe laces too..

What ever I say - I say from my experience, and someone here always have some links to show how he is right and I am wrong (that is not point). Man says that he have problem with one computer, and I tell them how to solve that like I think that can be done. I have try to explain that dhcp (Obtain an IP address automatically is the same thing) makes problems

I see your point. Ok I have an old computer with NT 4.0 and an old version of ProE not using. Give me your step by step to prove your point for the Forum, with the same senerio as above.

Thanks

AS

192.168.0.1 is not a free IP address.

This falls within the range allocated for local area networks (LANS).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back