Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need Acu-rite Millpower Post Processor

Mr.Evenflo

Hello

We recently purchased the manufacturing add-on for Pro-E/wildfire 3 and have hit a wall with getting one of the stock G-Post processors to work with our Acu-rite Millpower controller. We are trying to use the stock UNCX01.P14 (Fadal VMC 15-CNC 32MP). We discovered after sending the code to the Acu-rite software engineers that the I and J values were missing from some ofthe G2-G3 arc movements. They said the post you are trying to use must assume that the controller will hold the last modal I and J from the last arcand carry the values over to thefollowing arcs. They stated that the Millpower controller will not hold previous I and J for following arcs and that we must SPECIFY on every G2 G3 arc. Can someone assist us in adding this using the G-Post processor modification program in wildfire 3/manufacturing? Any help would be FANTASTIC!!!!

Thanks guys!!!!

Mr.Evenflo

[email protected]

88 00 Motion registers XYZIJKABC are modal.. (default)
01 Motion registers XYZIJKABC are non-modal.
here's what you are needing to find..from thegpost document

Thanks Tsl,

I'll try and modify them in the program, if I run into any problems I'll let you know. I thought it might be something simple like this, I just didn't know where to look. Beats paying PTC more money for a "custom" post like they want us to do.

Thanks for your help!!!

David

Mr Evenflo,

If you will open the opt file generator, go to the advanced tab at the

bottom, then pick plable, then pick 81-90, then look at 88 this should solve your

problem

Thanks guys for your help! the suggestions worked. I have applied both to the post and the machine runs all the way through now.

Thanks Again!

Mr. Evenflo

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back