Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Multi-turn wave washer

dept664

So, I've created a single-turn wave washer using sin(trajpar*#*360)/h, where # is the number of waves, and h is the amplitude of each wave. I understand that.

Now I want to make it a multi-turn wave washer (like the Smalley C series). It's probably some combination of a helical turn and trajpar, but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

it seems like kenppy first made a helical trajectory , maybe by using VSS and a relation ,(iow, the first rotating surface when you do a spring using VSS , there is your helical path)

View attachment 5124

Then, on the helical path , another VSS using the relation You posted. (and hide the first surf)

View attachment 5125

then just thicken the surf.

View attachment 5126

Anyway, I would have done in that way i think...

//Tobias
Edited by: tobbo

Okay. Between kenppy and Tobias, I was finallyable to wrap my head around it and came up with what I want.

View attachment 5128

This is pretty true to a Smalley C200-H1, modeled at the working height of .197 (inches). It's3-turns, 4.5 waves/turn, .024 wire thickness X .148 radial wall. Took a bit of tweaking and tongue sticking out my mouth to get it looking right, but the end result is satisfying.

The file is attached if you want to play with it. Thanks for all the help!

Gary

2011-05-24_132545_temp_wave.zip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back