Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Multi-level Family Table Limits

Lazar

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of multi-level family tables that you can create?

(i.e. A generic has an instance with a familiy table, that has an instance with a family table, etc, etc.)

As far as I know, there is no limit imposed, but this doesn't seem right to me.

As in all things finite, there has to be a limit. Disk space and file size limitations are finite, so there has to be a limit.

I found the limitation for number of instances in the top level family table by accident.

I have an assembly that I created for moldbases with over 1700 instances. One day, I went to use one of the instances and found my table to be truncated at 1000 instances. When I call they told me it was an bug (?). I ask what the limit would be when it was corrected, and they told me emphatically that it would never be more than 2000 as though that were not conceivable as needed. I could definately use more before I complete it, but I may do things differently than the typical user.

So, I would guess 2000 combined total instances at any level would be the limit.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back