Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mouse scroll zoom

MillingMan

Hey,

With the middle button on the mouse used for zooming in and out, is there a setting to control/change the direction of scroll? From other CAD/CAM packages that I use often, ProE is bass ackwards and I would like to change it.

Thanks!

Why change it, the others are wrong
smiley36.gif

I think the Pro/E way is more logical, pull the wheel towards you and the model comes closer.....

Yeah ankarl at least someone knows what's up. Yahoo and Google maps used to have it correct then they swapped it. At least Google Earth still does zooming properly.
smiley32.gif

My suggestion to everyone would be to get a 3D motion controller and you'll be able to use that middle finger for something more productive for communication.
smiley4.gif

The only thing I really use the Zoom wheel for is to pan by zooming out on one side of the screen and zooming in on the opposite side. Give it a try some time it helps to not have to hit the keyboard all the time to do so. I do aggree that a config option would be ideal for this.

Randy, I think given my experience with online mapping tools annoying me to no end I understand your grief. Hopefully you don't take offense with my opinion on which is the proper direction for zooming. We may agree on the correct assembling position for toilet paper but neither of theese am I going to change my opinion on anytime soon.

Cheers!

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back