Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Model Tree Enhancements

extreme

This was posted on another exploder, so I appologize if you already received this.

A Focus Group of the Core Modeling Technical Committee is doing a Whitepaper on improving/enhancing the Model Tree, and I would like to get some opinions/enhancements from the group..

I have been reviewing a lot of the enhancements that have been submitted over the past few months and there a lot of good suggestions there...but I am also guessing that there are more that have not been submitted before.

So, if you can, please send me any suggestions/enhancements you feel are needed for the model tree. This focus Group will review them, and may even ask for information if needed, and we will attempt to put them into this paper..No promises, No guarantees...but we would like to hear from you what you think is needed. (If in the past you submitted an enhancement, it would be helpful if you know that number so I could look it up).

One thing I would like: is when you select a part and that part is in an ASM, is for the ASM to highlight. I would also like a better way of selection of the parent ASM the same it used to be and the same why it is when you are exploding a view. Right click gets the parent.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Make smart selection a little smarter.

Better naming call cuts cut not extrude.

Have a better restructure not just one component at a time.

Allow a part to be moved up the tree even if there

When you pick a model instance in the tree or graphically on the screen, there should be a RMB menu pick to open the generic model.

Iwould really like that this vertical line in model tree that separates features, parts, asms from feature id is located that I can see all feature names or part names or asm names. Better thing would be if you could in config option set its position.

Another thing, when you select feature which is under group that this group would be highlighted in model tree.
The same thing with pattern features/components.

I agree Isair. It is ridiculous that we have to move that stupid line every time we open a new window. The highlighting in the tree should apply to any collasped item in the tree. If the tree is expanded, just highlight the selected item, if that is hidded because the tree is collasped, highlight the lowest level that is visible in the tree. It would also be good to automatically scroll the tree so that the highlighted item is visible. The scrolling might be annoying in some instances so there should be a way to turn it on and off.

Enable part/assembly renaming in model tree.

I always struggle reordering multiple items by selecting/drag and drop. It never wants to take all I select. I've tried ctrl-select, shift-select, nothing works consistently.

dr_gallup said:
When you pick a model instance in the tree or graphically on the screen, there should be a RMB menu pick to open the generic model.

smiley32.gif
I like that one!

pmack009 said:
Make smart selection a little smarter.

Smart Selection is so annoying. I always turn it off first thing. This should be a config option: NO SMART SELECTION.
pmack009 said:
Better naming call cuts cut not extrude.
<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>

They are called Extrude because they can be a Cut or a Protrusion, which is an awesome improvement.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back