Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

model simulation

shadshood

hi all,

i was wondering once i finished designing a model assembly, if i am able to simulate real time behaviour of this object, i mean to let it have mass, forces working on it, velocity... the object is something like a suspension system so i was wondering if i could do the simulation thing with wildfire?

is it possible and how?

thank you.

shadshood,

Look into the Behavioral Modeling Extension (BMX) module and the Mechanism Dynamics Option (MDO) module. The type of simulation you are interested in is typical and there are tutorials to help you.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Luck is the residue of design.

Branch Rickey

Mloew,

i didnt understand clearly where to look, maybe my proe package does not include these modules you mentioned. usually where do i find them or how do i run them.

thanks.

shadshood

Shadshood,

To check whether you have BMX or not , go to Analysis menu and check whether you see sensitivity, feasiblity optimization, and Multidesign objective study. If you see then click on these , and if this result in dialogue boxes to appear, you have BMX.

To check whether you have MDO click on Applications then Mechanism if it works you have the license of MDX and if in this interface you get g gravity appear on your model then you have MDO as well.

BTW if your license is FLEX3C then you have all these automatically.

Israr

Israr,

thank you for your help, now i know that i have BMX and MDO. I guess if i'm not wrong i should use the mechanism application to run a simulation for the assembly.

but should i redo the assembly with other types of constraints as connections, wouldn't a fully constrained assembly behave as completely solid?

is there any tutorial anywhere that could get me started quickly to use this application?

thank you.

shadshood.

[email protected]

shadshood,

Great news that you have access to these tools. You indeed do want to redo the assembly constraints. You will need to replace the unconstrained degrees of freedom with drivers (motors) to control the motion. Good luck!

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Luck is the residue of design.

Branch Rickey

Shadshood,

And in the following you should aslo see some tutorials for MDX.

http://ptc-mss.com/Tutorial/

Fortunately you have three tutorials on MDX and MDO inside your installed pro/engineer. These are loacated in

C:\ptc\proeWildfire\demos\demo\mdx\tutorial3

Ofcourse your path may vary.

Israr

hey thanks guys, those links u showed r coming up handy at this stage, thanks.

besides, i even didn't know i have 3 demo models in there...

thanks again,

shadshood.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back