Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modal Properties

Israr

In Integrated mode I had a problem today

In standard mode I assigned a density to a part in graphics windows and had modal properties computed. When I switched to Mechanica ,I assigned a different material to the same part and wanted to check its mass , it didn't change.

There is no option to change density value once assigned.

Please help.

Israr

Hello Israr,

I don't fully understand your question. DO you mean mass properties. If you assign material properties in ProE then mechanica will use these properties for the analysis automatically, however, if you use assign material properties in mechanica and then go back to proE the material properties are only assign to the FEA mechanical model and do not get transmited back to the ProE model. Is one directional only from proE to mechanica but not from mechanica to proe.

Hope this helps,

Luis

Thanks Luis for reply

My question is once you assign a density value to find modal properties for a part model in grapahics window ,can you change this value without exiting the session, or restarting Pro/E.

I had this problem actually.

Israr

If you assigned the density in proE as material properties once in MECHANICA there is no way edit or change the density. However, you can assign the material properties within MECHANICA (which I always do) then you can edit the material properties and change the density as you please without leaving the enviroment.

Luis

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back