Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

missing components

sadrok

If I open an ass'y drawing some of the dims turn purple and a few components are missing, yet when I open the ass'y associated with the drawing it contains all the correct parts. If i then go back to the drawing and "view update" it displays correctly.

Any idea why it works afterI open the ass'y?

could also be that some of your views are using representations other than the maste rep. This can cause problems when retrieving drawings without the assembly open.

I have auto_regen_views set to yes, and it still happens. I also checked and the views are all using the master rep. This drawing has been a problem for a while and no one wanted to fix it. Now all of a sudden it's a priority to have it fixed, none of the people that screwed it up in the first place even work here anymore.
Edited by: sadrok

Are all your components in the same directory or do you have to search for some of the parts?

Krow72

The drawingand the top level ass'y arein my directory, we have search paths for the other components.

sadrok

if its a real priority to fix it, then just open the drawing and assmebly. regenerate teh assembly and update the drawing. make sure all the dimensions and componenets are showing in drawing, and finally take the back up of drawing in a new folder.

if everything is fien you can delete the old assembly from disc.

I have found that sometimes if a part hase been re-constrained in an assembly or if a part was replaced in an assembly the drawing dims will turn purple. I have to either re-dimension the part or "edit attachment" the dims.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back