Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mirror copy problem

Israr

In assembly mode when I use

feature

copy

mirror

and then I select a group and a plane to mirror about the whole group is mirror-copied but the color of the copied group becomes black. This color indicates what?

I haven't seen online help for such things.

Please discuss.

Israr

Is this something that you can reset by removing a color setting from the group? Or is this more of a graphics anomaloy that can't be corrected?

Does the black color remain when the model is opened in a new session of Pro/E? If not, you may want to upgrade your graphics drivers... (by the way, I've never seen this problem).

-Brian Adkins

Hi Brian,

you can't reset by removing a color setting. And the black color remain when the model is opened in new session. So I don't think its graphics problem.

If you haven't seen it see it now.

Israr

Looks like a bug to me. I couldn't find any reference to this problem on PTC's website.

I'd call it in to PTC and see what they say.

1-800-4-Pro-Help

-Brian Adkins

I had the same problem a while back with colors in assemblies changing not just to black, but to some obscure color that I had never chosen.

It normally happened when I would import a part into the assembly - I got really ticked off, because I would have to rechange the colors to back to what they were.

I found out that I was changing surface (not part) colors of parts that I had accidentally included a wrong surface to place a granite surface on.

After removing the granite surface, all my colors stopped going wacko on me...

It may help perhaps to change clip(View -Display Settings - Visibilities) from 0 to 1% (move the bar just a little to right).

I know that this is not very good solution but it may help you until the bug is fixed by PTC.

lpP

p.s. We will open a call regarding this.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back