Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Migration to Windows2000 from NT4SP6 for ProE

ceferinos

Finally we are moving o Windows 2000 from Windows NT.

Are there problems which should be addressed for this move? Will there be a speed-up for ProE?

Why not XP?

What version of 2000 Workstation or server?

I have work with win 2000 and small network

We use Windows 2000 Professional at Schlumberger (XP isn't a Schlumberger certified OS yet). I didn't notice any performance increase or decrease in Pro/E. However, I see the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) less often in Win2K than in WinNT.

Hi guys:

The move to WIn2K is painless - but don't do an upgrade. format your system disk (c: drive) and do a fresh install. Upgrades leave nasty things behind and a clean start is best.

As to go WIn2K or WInXP? WInXP is not certified to run intralink so stick with Win2k. There are some sublte diferences to the source code between WIn2K and WinXP

but the big differences are just Eye candy

Also if you have a look at some of the bench marks on Tomshardware.com MCAD and DCC software seem to run faster under WIn2K.

Lots of Luck:

SKULD.

Are you serious about having people search old forums - do you have any conception of how many threads are ??

You could add this as a tip..

Speling,

Can you please post the link to the forum thread that answers this question specifically?

Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back